Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Retirement Card








While looking at some of my photos I discovered a retirement card I made last month and forgot to post so here it is: As you can probably see I used Kraft (yes Kraft, this was before the new colors were announced) card stock for the card base. Sizzix Star die, punched 3 different size stars of the colors in the horizontal piece of DSP. A little green ribbon tied in a knot (attached with a glue dot) and two tags one from the "Tiny Tags" stamp and the other from Teeny Tiny Wishes. Three round rhinestones set on the bottom of the zig-zag strip of paper, stamped a few outline stars on the white envelope and called it done!

4 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nice retirement card and I love how you captured the colors of the zig zag with the punched stars. A little twinkle with the touch of rhinestone top it off nicely.

Nance Leedy said...

I love the clean-and-simple design of this and those colors are great together. I really like how you repeated the star element in the embossed background. And those tiny tags...so cute! Great job!

Sherry said...

Nancy, You left a comment on my blog for a giveaway on another blog. You need to go to

http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2010/07/silhouette-digital-cutting-tool-review.html

to enter for the digital cutting tool.

Glad you stopped by though!

Carla said...

I love this card... I just got the stars die and can't wait to us it. Thanks for the incentive. Hugs,