Tuesday, August 7, 2012

SUMMER SMOOCHES

When I opened this package of paper it jumped out at me how similar it was to a stamp set I already owned (that doesn't happen often).

My card base is Tempting Turquoise which I stamped with an all-over pattern in the same color hue using the stamp set I thought matched. I added a panel of the DSP framed with a scallop border.  The large die cut flower vase was the perfect compliment to this paper, don't you think?




Couldn't stop there, so I had these little "stems", I think they're something used when making artificial  flowers, here's a picture of them. (they also work great bent in half for butterfly antennae).  Itook my picture outside for better lighting, but my house is surrounded my shade, so the quality doesn't show how the colors pop in real life.




I cut off the "pearl" ends to make it easier to glue little flowers w/rhinestones to the center and adhered them to the backside of the vase with tape, of course the vase neck was just calling out for some bling too.. Added a punched oval with sentiment & scroll and I was done.

It's difficult to see the 3D flowers, so here's a close-up, aren't they cuties?




Supplies used:

S.U. Summer Smooches DSP, CS-Daffodil Delight, Temping Turquoise
S.U. scallop punch, PTI's Gracious Vases stamps, PTI's Mega Gracious Vases dies
S.U. Trio flower punch, Ink Tempting Turquoise,, HB stamp-Teeny Tiny Wishes
Anonymous rhinestones 


I do enjoy hearing from you if you have comments on my cards, thanks for taking the time to look.
Nancy

1 comment:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy aren't you the little busy beaver! Wow... so many posts and I love it.
AND.... aren't you just so clever to mix the vase die cuts with that DSP! THANKS girlfriend. I'm going to CASE this you know...? Love your little blingy flowers too. I' too lazy so I would have poked the stems through the centers and called it a day, but that's why YOU are so classy! Hugs.