Monday, September 10, 2012

LESLEY'S PAPER PLAYERS CHALLENGE #119

Here's an elegant color combination from Paper Players.

The design team has some beautiful samples to get you inspired check them out here, this is mine;


I wanted to use some of my papers that haven't seen the light of day in quite a while.  I found this very pretty basic gray, baha breeze paper in the designer pack Urban Garden.  The paper was so pretty I wanted to highlight it with just minor additions.  The two layer label was first stamped in baja breeze then versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder, here's a close-up of the embossing, isn't it pretty? (It's hard to catch the shimmer and get a good photo at the same time, but you can definitely see the embossing.


I thought black velvet ribbon would look nice on this card, but when I checked (was sure I had some) didn't find any, but I did find some nice black felt which I cut into strips with my trusty paper cutter and adhered the strip to the back of the label added a couple of embellies and that was it.

Hope you take the time to leave a comment letting me know your thoughts on my card.
thanks,
Nancy


Supplies:
Card stock, inks & DSP paper-Stampin' Up
Die cut & sentiment -PTI

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! Perfect take on the colors, and that sentiment panel is just the prettiest thing, especially embossed. I'll bet that felt looks terrific too....a nice bit of texture on your fabulous card! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

This is gorgeous, Mom! Love the clear embossed label and the dsp is the perfect choice! Way to highlight the pretty paper and beautiful label--who needs more than that?! It's perfect. So glad you joined us at The Paper PLayers! xoxo

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy this is so pretty. Glad you posted the second photo because the embossing shows much better. Beautiful! Love the multi colored flowers too.
Hugs?
PS: you've been a busy gal! Snuck two more posts in on me.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my! This is so pretty! Love that sentiment panel! Thanks for the reminder about that designer paper!!!! I have an entire unopened package. Thanks for playing along with us!

Heather Cooper said...

This is so pretty. That piece of DSP is perfect for this challenge.

Amy White said...

I love the paper you've chosen - so pretty! And that shimmery label is the perfect focal point... Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I have that paper in my stash, too!! Wish I remembered that when I was making my card for the challenge. Ha! This is so pretty, Nancy! The paper really gives the perfect backdrop for the embossed label. Gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)