Friday, November 2, 2012

Christmas cards

Thought I'd post a couple of cards I've made for the upcoming holidays.

Sending Holiday wishes is a very C&S card using a new stamp set and inspiration from Maile Belles of PTI.   I really like her less is more approach to card making such as this one.  I'm thinking it has a retro look about it, but I can see myself using it for many occasions.





Winter Country Landscape is my next my card for today and I'm really liking this one too..  Again pretty C&S although it might not look like it.   Three die cuts a little bit of "snow" on the edgles of the houses, hills, a stamped sentiment and some falling snow in the sky.   It's hard to see the rolling hills each edged with glittery snow.  The country landscape was a die cut and two other dies for the rolling hills.  I dotted some glue in the sky and added more "snow".  See what I mean pretty simple!





Supplies used for "Sending Holiday wishes
Inks from SU, Tempting Turquoise, Early Espresso & PTI's  Summer Sage
Card stock SU Natural White
Sentiment  and retro snow flakes from PTI



Supplies used for Winter Country Landscape
Landscape die from Memory Box, rolling hill dies from PTI
Sentiment from PTI
Card stock from SU Whisper white and Night of Navy



Hope you have time to comment on my cards, I'd love to hear from you,
Thanks,
Nancy

2 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy these are so sweet! I loved getting to see them up close today. So much nicer than the photo shows. The clean and simple style of the snowflake card, and the die cut scene of the second card were so nice. Great job on all of them, (these and the ones not posted). You've been a busy gal those poinsettias are GORGEOUS in that color. I expect to see them posted soon! hugs.

Nance Leedy said...

OK, these cards are drop-dead gorgeous!! You know I adore the colors and starbursts on the first one. Your layout is perfect and I love the colors you chose. The rolling hills and deep navy sky of the second one are perfectly serene and crisp like a winter night. LOVE them both!