Sunday, August 31, 2014

BIRTHDAY CARDS

Hi there,
Just thought I'd post a few cards I recently made using my good scrappin' pal Diane Oliver of Rubber 'n Rafters who was kind enough to let me borrow some of her supplies while I'm spending some time back in MI.  In case you're wondering most of my scrappin' stuff was relocated to Fl.

Here's one birthday card made for an ( almost) relative birthday.  This young man is a baseball, basketball, you name it athlete loves anything to do with sports, plus he's very good at it.

I found the inspiration for this card from a friend of my daughter's (Nance Lempinen Leedy of Canopy Crafts).  She is the talented Ginger Toivonen of gingerstamps.com.  I really was stuck trying to think of something when I happened upon Ginger's card and it all fell into place.  Loved her idea of creating the baseball from a circle punch and adding the "stitching", the bat I just happened to have among some old stickers and thought it worked well together.  Thanks Ginger for your inspiration


I hope you take a moment to leave me a comment, thanks for looking.
Nancy

2 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

What a great birthday card, Mom! Love the sponging you added to the baseball--really gives it a grungy used look that is perfect. J will love it!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy this is tooo funny that I had checked your blog EVERY day except the day you FINALLY posted.
Oh well... this baseball is so much cuter in person... I got to see it up close and personal as I did the others. Very nice and perfect for the recepient! Hugs.