Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Here's a challenge at Paper Players for a Fall  inspired card.

  I see most everyone thought of beautifully colored leaves, traditional things one would think of.  However, I think of Halloween so here is my take on the challenge.

I love the funny shaped witch from SU's  Freaky Friends stamp set  so I thought she'd be perfect to welcome Fall. You may be able to tell from the photo I glitter gold embossed the wreath from Wondrous Wreath and used that as my focal point but wanted to combine Halloween too, so I fussy cut (no small task especially her shoes) the witch, added glitter gold to her broom since she's sweeping the golden leaves. Did you get that glitter embossing?  The background paper is from the  DSP Motley Monsters such adorable images I really hated to cut it up.

Here's a photo of the inside as well...
The inside sentiment is also SU's Mingle All the Way set, very versatile with a sentiment for many holidays.
What do you think, I'd love to hear from you...thanks for lookin'
Nancy

6 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Oh this is TOO funny, Mom! Love your Halloween wreath and the witch's golden broom--such a clever take on the theme and SO glad you joined us this week! ((hugs))

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Oh Nancy this is just too freakin funny ...
what a great great idea.
you just have to win because this is so different and you are so right; everyone is going to do fall leaves and bare branches...but how cute is this.
love love love your imagination, and that which is the cutest which ever.
I wanna buy the paper just to get that which I wanna buy this stamp set, just to get the witch...yeah I know it's a sickness, so far I'm holding out. Hugs

Yapha said...

That is such a fun Halloween card! I love all of the gold! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

stampwithsandy said...

What a cute card for Halloween! Love the freaky witch with her glittery broom! Thanks so much for joining us this week, Nancy!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love your Halloween wreath with the little witch! How funny! I love that glittery broom! She is ready to ride! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Linda Callahan said...

This is a hoot! I love it - and love the bit of glitz!