Friday, September 2, 2011

Unconventional Baby Colors-CCMC#165


Here's a color combo from Create with Connie & Mary that sings Halloween to me however, I chose to use the colors for an unconventional baby card!

Do you think I have enough "dots" on this card? I absolutely had to buy this stamp set, just loved the way the baby "ellie" is hanging on to his momma and the itty-bitty heart at the end of momma's trunk, so cute!

Here's my card using the three challenge colors for both inks and paper.

I stamped the razzelberry cs with the same ink using polka-dots for the background and also to coordinate with the pumpkin pie dotted frame which I used the ticket corner punch on the top corners. I stamped the "ellie's" in razzelberry ink, then cut out two little circles from the pattern paper, cut off approx. 1/3" of the circle to represent their ears, glued only the end to allow the ears to flap!

I didn't have a circle punch smaller than the 1/2", which I needed for the baby "ellie" ear, so I used the eyes from the Owl Builder stamp which I thought was the perfect size, and it was!

I colored three white pearls using the razzelberry marker pen and added to the top of the framed piece as I thought it looked to plain (can you image..with all those dots...too plain)!

I chose to use the reverse side of the razzelberry polka-dot ribbon to calm down the dots a bit, taped it to the frame and separately hand tied a knot, since I never seem to be able to combine both with one piece of ribbon.

Hope you enjoy looking at my card as much as I enjoyed creating it, thanks for lookin'!

All supplies used are Stampin' Up

Card stock-Rich Razzelberry, Pumpkin Pie & Lucky Limeade
Pattern paper- Designer Series Pattern Stack-Brights
Stamp-Baby Steps
Ribbon-R.Razzelberry polka-dot twill
Punch-Scallop, 1/2" circle punch & Owl Builder, ticket corner
Pearls (colored with R.Razzelberry marker pen




10 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy this is ADORABLE! LOVE those colors but wow... how different for a baby card. The 'ellies' are tooo toooo cute. My favorite part is the ears.....how clever you are. Now polka dots are my fav too, so you can't NOT have too many polka dots for me!Love 'em.
I didn't know you could color the pearls! OH be still my heart... I knew you could color the rhinestones, but now you've opened up a WHOLE NEW field of 'playing'... let's match this/that! Hugs.

CONGRATS on your win at Inkspirations! YOU are amazing! Hugs.

Anonymous said...

these are unconventional colors but I saw the most beautiful baby room done in similar colors....who would have thought!!! Your card is adorable and full of a fresh idea on baby cards!!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love how you worked these colors into a baby card! very cute!

Nance Leedy said...

Wow, what a sweet baby card! Love these colors with the elephants and all the polka dots--can't never have enough in my mind either! Great job coloring the pearls and love the reversed ribbon! So glad you played along with us at Create with Connie & Mary!

Deb said...

So super sweet! I think this works perfectly for a baby card! And I love the polka dots - especially on their ears!! Too clever!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Great that you've used these colours for a baby card - I love things that are a bit unconventional but that TOTALLY WORK! Thanks for playing at CCMC this week!

Lisa Martz said...

Would not have thought to use for a baby card, but it works! I love the 3D ears on the elephant! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Debbie Henderson said...

Unconventional but a beauty! Love the elephants! Thanks for playing CCMC!

Connie Babbert said...

Ah...this is very sweet! I love the floppy ears on the elephants! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Oh my word those elephants are ADORABLE in these colors and love the ears! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!