Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pieced not Pierced (hard to say)


Here is a little pieced flirty shoe for The Paper Players blog, a clean & simple card with piecing, not piercing.



 Seems one of the design team members recently had not one, but two foot surgeries, so this card is in her honor.  Hopefully she'll be able to wear similar shoes very soon.

My card base is Melon Mambo card stock with DSP also in Melon Mambo on the bottom part of the card. The adorable shoe image is stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with black powder, a little pop of a flower with a rhinestone finishes it off perfectly, don't ya think?


 I used two die cut pieces of the label and cut the black one in half to outline behind the white one.  The white label was dry embossed making it appear that the shoe was sitting pretty on a pillow. A black satin ribbon was adhered under the labels.


Here's a look at the inside of the card with a strip of the same designer polka dot paper at the top and the sentiment in Melon Mambo ink.


All supplies from Stampin' Up
Shoe & Sentiment from "Fabulous You"



Thanks for leaving a comment, I love to hear from  other bloggers.

Nancy



5 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy this shoe on a pillow reminds me of Cinderella! So pretty and love the blingy flower on the toe.
Also love the embossing on the label and I'm sure A.M.H. will Love it!
Hug

LeAnne said...

So pretty....and in that certain someone's favorite color, too! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

So glad I got to see this beauty up close and personal! I love the way you pieced the embossed shoe and framed the image. I know the recipient will adore it! So glad you could visit with us and share this card at the Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Nancy! Oh my goodness, can I just tell you how gorgeous this card is? Even more so because I got to admire it in person this afternoon when it arrived in my mailbox! Thank you SO much!! You are so sweet to think of me and I can assure you that my tootsies are eager to get back into some cute shoes...although I still have about 5 weeks to go before I can even THINK about that. So until then, I will admire your beautiful card and dream of some sassy Melon Mambo shoes! :)

What a wonderful surprise and I am so glad you shared this beauty with everyone at the Paper Players! Big hugs!!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Nancy! I love this card...and what you have done with this stamp. I have now officially placed it on my order!