Monday, September 10, 2012

DYNAMIC DUOS CHALLENGE #19

Since it's the 2nd week of the month Dynamic Duos has a "subtle color' challenge of these lovely colors:


I chose to create a Christmas card using the Cajun Craze instead of the traditional red color.  I think at first glance its hard to even tell it's not red but cajun, I think of it as a southwestern Christmas card!

I started by stamping a foundation for my door, using a brick stamp in a concrete color (basic gray) to look like a porch, then added the cajun craze topiary pots and the door.  I used Always Artichoke for the adorable little door wreath which was die cut, stamped and colored as well as the topiary trees.  Did you notice a bit of bling on the trees?  The little bow on the wreath  got a touch of color again in cajun craze as is the main sentiment at the top of the card.






I trimmed my panel down a bit so I could add just a little more cajun craze polka dot paper on both sides to give it some balance.

What do you think?  I'd love to hear from you with your comments.
Thanks,
Nancy

Supplies:
Image stamps & die from PTI
Sentiment , paper & inks from Stampin' Up
Anonymous bling product

7 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy another beauty. I LOVE the little bling on the trees by the door, so cute. Also like the added the DSP on the sides, I think it grounds it beautifully. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I like your 'southwestern Christmas card.' The little front porch and door scene is perfect for the holidays. Glad you could join Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

Susan Joyce said...

I love the outlined images that you used for your Christmas scene, and your finishing touches just add that extra special touch. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

Allisa said...

Great Christmas scene. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really lovely Christmas card.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Very pretty, Nancy! Such a pretty Christmas card and I particularly like the blinged out trees. (Not a surprize, I know!) Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

Nance Leedy said...

You really hit these DD colors out of the park on this one, Mom! Turning them into a lovely Christmas card when everyone else thought "fall" was genius. I love the little scene you've created. Congrats on a much-deserved win! xoxo