Sunday, November 4, 2012

FRESHLY MADE SKETCH # 59

Look at this pretty sketch at Freshly Made isn't it inviting?

So much so I decided to create something for the challenge.  I wanted to use a set I've had for a couple of years and not used (I know I'm bad, but so many of us are, right).  I thought it was the perfect stamp set for this challenge as it has six square images and I've used 4 of them for this card.

I'm really loving these colors I've already  made a few Christmas cards using the same colors.  I stamped the focal squares using four of the stamps included in the set and pretty much followed the sketch design although I did add a heat embossed sentiment on the lower portion of the card as well as choosing not to carry the underneath strip totally across the card face.  I thought it suited my card better by being just under the ribbon.
 I continue to have fumble fingers when it comes to tying bows and to think (all though it was years ago, I guess when my fingers were much more nimble) I worked in a retail store and did gift wrapping, woo hoo!

Anyhow here's my version for the challenge, hope you like it too.



Supplies Used:
PTI's  Stamps-Take Three Winter
SU card stock and DSP-Bright collection
anonymous white satin ribbon
Ink-SU Razzelberry and white embossing powder


I'd love to hear from you if you have time,
take care,
Nancy

6 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

What a sweet card. I love the monochromatic colors. And I'm not sure where fumble fingers went because I think this bow looks pretty darn good! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Sannes said...

This is really lovely! This makes such an elegant Christmas card and your bow looks fantastic! Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

Jen Timko said...

Such a pretty card!! I love the colors...so wonderful! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy
TWO YEARS!!! Really??? OMG you are worse than me ... I think... or least we tie! (smile)..
Anyway, How pretty is this! Love the heat embossed sentiment under your little squares. Also... I know this color is so much prettier in person too! I think your bow is beautiful too... Hugs

LeAnne said...

This is quite pretty; I really like the embossed sentiment! I have trouble doing Christmas cards in non-traditional colors, but you nailed this! Thanks for sharing this with us at FMS!

Nance Leedy said...

What a great color combination! I love non-traditional colors for Christmas (no surprise, right?) and these are perfect! Rich and elegant. Love the way you've stamped the images off-center in each square...very chic! Like everyone else, I think your bow is fantastic not fumbled at all!! Great job, Mom!