Thursday, January 15, 2015

PAPER PLAYERS CHALLENGE




Gorgeous color choices for The Paper Players Challenge, Lost Lagoon, Crisp Cantaloupe and Sahara Sand.  Don't you wonder who makes up the color names, I bet it's a fun job.

Anyhow here is the card I decided to make, I love the butterfly die and thought it would make a great focal image for the card.
I first stamped the image in Sahara Sand onto CS of  the same color, die cut two butterflies one each in Lost Lagoon and Crisp Cantaloupe and adhered them together. Added my sentiment and a few little inserts from the dies and I was done.
Makes it sound so easy, so why did it take me the better part of an entire afternoon to make the card!!!!!!

Here is a picture showing the layering of the two color butterfly.

I enjoy reading your comments, thanks for sharing.
Nancy

5 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy this is gorgeous! LOVE the TWO layers ... so dimensional. The details on the little body are fantastic and the insert dots for embellishment are the finishing touch. Very pretty.
Hugs.

Debbie Mageed said...

Your card is beautiful! There is something so special about butterflies and I will never grow tired of them on my cards! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Players challenge this week!

Nance Leedy said...

This is gorgeous, Mom! The butterfly is beautiful, I really like your use of two colors. The deep blue on the bottom layer adds a lot of dimension. So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Jaydee said...

Nance, I agree - what a fun job it must be to make up all of those color names! I love your double layered butterfly with the dots. Gorgeous. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players again this week. Always wonderful to see your creations.
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

It's always wonderful to see your beautiful creations, Nancy! I love the layers and the dimension on that gorgeous butterfly. Thank you for joining us this week at The Paper Players! :)