Sunday, September 11, 2016

SEASHELLS SYMPATHY CARD

This card was made from "Simple Seashells", a stamp set I've had a while, but hadn't tried out.
I also used a PTI stamp called Sand Swatch which I think is just right to look like the beach.  This is the result, I think I'm really likin' it.
I used a couple of strips of a SU designer paper and tip top taupe ink along with PTI's Melon Mambo ink.  I die cut the shell shapes first and temporarily stuck them to my Misti so that I could get the two-step stamping in the same spot.  The Misti is the perfect tool for this.
The sentiment is from a older embossing folder from my stash.  The "sand" die pieces were stamped onto kraft color cardstock and embossed with clear powder,  I like how it makes the pieces really look like sand at the beach.

Anyhow here's the card...


 Here's a close up of the embossing...

I made a couple more of the same card changing up the ink color on the shells to gold and adding a scallop frame, this is the result.
Thanks for stopping by.
Nancy

1 comment:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy this is so gorgeous and it was so evident in person. This photo does not give it justice that it is due.... it was just stunning. I like the second one as well but the first is my favorite due to the accent color. Then there is the embossing. That font was so elegant on the very vanilla. You finished it off with the touch of DSP peaking out the of the edges. FABULOUS!
Hugs.