Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SYMPATHY CARD


I used MTME digital paper for this sympathy card for a friend whose husband just passed away. I thought this paper was cheerful looking and hope that it will help ease her loss. As you can see I cut a piece of patterned paper in half and framed the top, bottom and middle with a strip of SU's Blushing Bride (BB) CS onto Chocolate Chip (CC). I also hand cut one of the butterflies, and added some rhinestones. The sentiment is from SU's Teeny Tiny Wishes and was mounted first on an oval of BB and then again on a larger oval of CC. I choose not to add a ribbon, but lined the inside of the envelope with the same matching paper. (The envelope liner is a die from PTI).

3 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy what a beautiful card.Really like the cut out butterfly with rhinestone accents. I agree no ribbon on this beauty was necessary as the layout already provided a ribbon "effect" with the pretty BB CS. Great color combo and LOVE your DSP paper.... I just have to practice with that. I also REALLY LOVE the lined envelope..which I keep forgetting to do. She is going to love this.

Nance Leedy said...

This is perfectly elegant and well-suited to the sad occasion. So nice how you let the paper take center stage and your hand-cut butterfly looks great!

Carla said...

So beautiful Nancy, it will certainly help her thru her loss. Hugs,