Wednesday, May 4, 2011

RETRO MOTHER'S DAY


Hi all, hope your Mother's Day cards are in the mail by now.

I'm sharing a card I made for my daughter for Mother's Day, but I couldn't post it until I knew she had received it in the mail. I absolutely LOVE the way it turned out, I couldn't be happier (unless I had made 2 at the same time, why do I never do that)?
I know you're thinking what's so special about this card...well I'll tell you,the zig-zag design is not paper but stamping, yup I stamped it. The stamp is called Background Basics: Chevron Stripes. There are 7 stamps in the set and you can use one of them, some of them, or all of them at once or separately! It took a little getting the hang of, but it finally clicked for me. Listed below are the supplies I used.
Notice too how I stamped the envelope with the large label stamp, it was just waiting for my daughter's name!
Thanks for stopping by again, love to hear from you.

supplies: Card stock: Stamping Up Old Olive and whisper white Inks: SU Old Olive and Daffodil Delight
Stamps: PTI

Bakers Twine from The Twinery
SU button


P.S. Once again I forgot to take a picture of the presents, but they were wrapped in white paper with a belly band of old olive with a narrow strip of the zig-zag cs on top of the old olive, (sigh)!

2 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy what a great card. I know Nance will love it and I KNOW the package was as cute as the card. I saw that stamp, but thought... can't draw a straigth line with a ruler let alone trying to do it with a rubber stamp! You did good girlfriend! Love those colors too.
Hope your Birthday is AMAZING! Have a great day tomorrow... maybe I'll see you. Hugs.

Nance Leedy said...

Thank you so much for the fabulous retro card!! You know I love the colors and those retro chevrons just make me smile! Thank you for a lovely Mother's Day treat! :-)