Monday, May 23, 2011

WEDDING & ANNIVERSARY CARDS

It's been a while since I posted but here are a couple of cards I made during my blog absence!
Hope you like them.



The cards are made for both a wedding and an anniversary using SU Manhattan Flower Embossing folder, one of my fav's.
I used SU vellum paper to emboss, cut away the excess paper, ran a glue stick over the embossed edges and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds. Sentiment on wedding card stamped from Word Play stamp set with a rhinestone added over the "o" for a little more bling. Added a wrap-around ribbon of seam binding (another of my fav's).







The Anniversary card was made using the same EF, vellum paper and dazzling diamonds for bling which makes it a real show-stopper, I think (although it is difficult to see the diamonds).
Sentiment from SU's Happy Everything in Baja Breeze ink add some Tiny Tag's also stamped in BB and tied onto white satin ribbon.

Thanks for looking and check back, I've got some graduation cards coming up too.

3 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy both cards are beautiful! I love doing this cut out with 5th Ave Floral, it looks so much cuter in person, but WOW... i LOVE the seam binding ribbon. The color combo pops! The inside sentiment is FAB and of course the embossed enve is the perfect finishing touch.
Hugs.

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous and elegant cards Mom! Love the pop of Rose Red with the white and the Baja is lovely especially with those sweet little tags. Just brings your eye around the whole card. Fabulous job! And I love the embossed envelope--such a good idea!

Melanie - The Paper Retreat said...

These cards are stunning! I love the effect the embossing along with vellum has. Thanks for the inspiration and for stopping by my blog. I will be back soon to follow you (once blogger lets me). Have a great day! Melanie