Monday, March 25, 2013

A is for ADORABLE!

I made these absolutely adorable barrettes for my granddaughter and I think she (and; her Mom) like them as much as I do!  I also think they qualify for PTI's Blog Hop beginning today, March25, 2013.


I used one of PTI's newer dies designed by Erin Lincoln of  PTI, that is so clever (how come I can't think up things like this) anyhow they're so easy to use, although I did have to refer back to the original blog here when I started to stitch the 3 pieces together.  Not once, but twice I stitched the three pieces together and then couldn't open the barrette, after reviewing the posting I realized what my mistake was.

The top barrette is for my granddaughter the bottom (single flower) one is for her American Girl doll, Kit,  Kit always has to have a similar item!  The flowers were ready made, I just added a rhinestone to each and backed the flowers with some felt leaves.  Of course I had to add some leaf stamping to the plain white card stock holding the barrettes, After assembling the die cut felt pieces I stitched them together with some pink embroidery floss (only took a minute or two since the die cuts holes showing where to stitch, then a dab and I mean a dab of hot glue to adhere the flowers to the felt barrette.

My daughter, Nancy Lempinen Leedy of Canopy Crafts,  pointed out the barrettes hold better in the hair because of the felt...definitely will be making more of these.

Here's a picture of the barrettes...


AND how about the gorgeous packaging!  Also from PTI a die to attach your finished barrettes to for gift giving and the sentiment at the top of the card, such fine detail and stamps beautifully, I'm in love.
 

Here they are all encasing in a glassine bag ready for gifting.  The topper handle is also a new die from PTI so versatile and perfect for dressing up the little bag.  Did ya notice I couldn't stop myself, had to repeat the little leaf pattern on the bottom corner of the bag.



Here's a picture of my granddaughter wearing the cute little barrette.





Supplies used:
Everything EXCEPT the little crochet flowers from Stampin' Up are from Papertrey Ink


That's it for now thanks for looking and I hope to hear from you!

Nancy 

12 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

So sweet that you made one for your granddaughter and then one for her doll! What an awesome grandma you must be!

Nancy Penir said...

Wonderful clip pies. Haven't yet given the dies a try. But love your results!

Jacquie Southas said...

Super sweet barrettes!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! This is such a FUN and Creative bows!! I LOVE the design!! THANKS for sharing your take on the challenge and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

Kristii said...

Absolutely fabulous!! Your granddaughter looks beautiful!!

GabyCreates.com said...

Just love your crochet flowers on that barrette I too had to purchase those dies and referred back to the posting ... mine took longer because I double triple stitch just to make sure! LOL

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my goodness--these are the sweetest barrettes EVER! The are adorable in A's hair and the packaging is amazing! I still can't believe you made the packaging too--so stinkin' cute. I know A loves them as much as I do!! You rock, Nana!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

I do love the barrettes. Do you make the flowers as well?
I asked if we could get the smaller size barrettes dies so I could make matching doll barrettes!

Nancy said...

Joyce,
Great idea for smaller barrettes for the dolls, I might try Hobby Lobby next time I'm in their area, as they carry a huge assortment of items. Thanks for your nice comments too!

Marybeth said...

Nancy these are gorgeous! I love the crochet flowers on the clips. The clips looks great on your beautiful granddaughter!
Love the packaging ,so very pretty to look at .
Comgrats on your win!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy your barettesa are truely adorable right down to the packaging. How cute. I love (and noticed) all the leaves stamped here and there. Just like you not to forget those little details.
Also LOVE your new handle die. how cute is that! I'm sure Arden was thrilled as was her AG doll! hugs.

victoria h said...

Beautiful hair accessories and packaging too.