Saturday, April 21, 2018

GASP, A new post....


Here is a very simple card using the "Lovely Laurels" stamp set from Papertrey Ink (PTI).
It is a set I've had for quite a long time, but never used.  The set also came with a ribbon garland of the wreath, lots of glittery sequins and some pink twine.  Don't know why I haven't used it, but decided to now although I did not use all the extras as you can see.

I neeeded a thank you card and wanted something CAS with space inside for writing a personal note.
Love the little bird that I covered entirely with "wink of stella" for some shimmer!
Here's the card..








Here is another card from PTI's "Transformation Tuesday" project by Michelle Leone.  This card was one she made a while back and decided to redo it.  I did like her redo, but liked her original version better which is what I copied.  One of her tips is to use straws for the candles, which I thought was a great idea, but I used white cs that I had stamped using Stampin' Up's "Diagonal Stripe" stamp set.
Next time I will try using cut-down straws.  Don't know if you can tell or not but the "flames" are die cute from white glittery paper.



This next card is for a woman's birthday, I really like the scalloped edge and the beautiful flowers.  The flowers are a multi-step stamp from PTI's  "Gran's Garden" designed by Dawn McVey.





The large "Just for You" die is also from PTI.

That's it for today, thanks for looking Diane!
Hugs,
Nancy



2 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Gasp is right!
I'm having SO much trouble making a comment

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Guess I never made a comment from Tablet??? Had setup a WHOLE NEW Google account password???
Oh well.
Love your first card... lots of white space which sets off the wreath focal point. very cute and elegant looking.
The second is super cute with the glittery flames. love that. I did read the 'remake' post and always love the TIPS on all the DTs blogs. They come up with some really nice tips that I've used, trouble is remembering them all.
The last is FAB...the step stamping came out to perfection and love your scallop edges. So pretty and your color choices are sweet.
Hugs.
PS: you KNOW I check the blogs EVERY day at work and of course you posted on a Saturday when I was busy busy.... so at least I have an excuse for my late reply... HUGS.