Monday, May 7, 2018

SYMPATHY CARDS


Unfortunately I have need of a few sympathy cards and came up with this design, simple but appropriate I thought.


Of course I like the card, but I love the photo of it in my front flower bed among the purple Salvia that is blooming, isn't it precious.
Anyhow on to the card,  I used an "oldie" but "goodie" embossing folder from Darice which I have had for several years, can't remember what it is called, but I know I still see it in Michaels EF section.
The sympathy sentiment is from Stampin' Up (SU) called "Heartfelt Sympathy" and is perfect as it is a good size and covers a lot of the front of the card just under the embossed tree limbs.  I thought the card was looking a little plain so I added a strip of SU gold paper along the side. (which coordinates with the interior), here's a look...



The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink (PTI)  called "With Sympathy".  It has five very nice and appropriate sentiments for this sad time as well as a beautiful scroll that I hope to use soon.

Since the saying talks about stars  I decided to add a crescent of stars above the saying.  Of course I had to stamp them in gold ink to match the strip on the outside of the card.  The stars are from PTI'S new "Simple Impressions, Celebrations" stamp set and added a bit of  elegance.

I also made another card using PTI's "Linen" CS in a cream color, but you know the saying "Less is more",  Leave it Alone"?  Well I didn't listen to myself and thought a few cute little birds in the tree would look nice.  NOT SO, now I have to try and figure out some way to cover the little gold birds I had to add.  Always listen to yourself!

Thanks for looking Di, see ya soon!
Hugs,
Nancy


2 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy this is absolutely beautiful. I just love the embossed tree background. I never saw this before, but so gorgeous in white. The arc of gold stars with the sentiment inside is perfect.
I'm sure the second card is just a gorgeous.... just lay it down, walk away and then come back in few. You will look at it in a different light. ...if all else fails... you just turn the lights off!
Happy Birthday today and HUGS!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

I forgot to say I love how you photographed it in the purple Salvia (so nice) ... and the touch of gold down the front edge... really makes it look elegant. I also got the PTI sympathy set, love that. Hugs