Monday, January 31, 2011

VALENTINE CARDS


This first card I made using MDS paper (from my daughter) love the subtle colors of Gray and Real Red. I wanted to keep the design simple to shown off the lovely DSP which was placed on a Basic Gray CS embossed using Sizzix dotted swiss EF. A large glittery red heart (cut on my Cricut using SU's Glimmer Paper), some gray twill ribbon and a sentiment at the bottom make it complete. Not too fussy to be sent to a man, don't you think?





This second card is made using SU's Chocolate Chip CS and a DSP (that I can't remember the name of, sorry). Once again I think the paper makes the statement and not much else is needed.
The background shape , Mat Stack #3, behind the sentiment is from PTI, as is the frame, Fillable Frames #11, with the sentiment from the same . A touch of Chocolate Chip ribbon adorned with an adorable crochet flower from SU, finishes it off.



Hope you enjoyed looking at these two cards, thanks for stopping.

2 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Wow look at you go girl!
Two more postings in one day! Wonders never cease!
Both are beautiful and I agree the papers make the statement. So pretty. You have to give me a hint at what you use to print your DSP papers on ??? I'm stumped. Love that chocolate chip with pink and your glitter paper heart is so pretty.

Nance Leedy said...

Oh, Mom, these are so cute! Love the way you've highlighted the gorgeous DSP. The first one is perfect for a man--love how you've repeated the heart with a little one. And the second one is a gorgeous color combination and that mat die is lovely!