Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Inkspiration Sketch Challenge #75






Oh my, when I first saw this sketch at Inkspirations I thought of this newer stamp set that I purchased with my granddaughter in mind, because she loves "Hello Kitty". Is there a 7 year old out there that doesn't! Oh excuse me, 7 1/2 year old!

Well it was a fun stamp to use and a great sketch for it, I'm glad I finally got this done,(I hope in time). This is what I did...

I dug through my stash of paper and found this Stampin' Up Simply Scrappin' Petal Party set, which had NEVER been opened. (Can't imagine how long it's been hiding in there). What's wrong with me!
Anyhow it has gorgeous textured solid color paper, designer paper, embellishments and anything else you might need.




I chose to make my card base out of textured Pumkin Pie card stock. I then layered a piece of striped paper from Sweet Always (another oldie from 2008). Using my Nesties I cut a circle from the Petal Party paper of pink polka dot (say that 3 times real quick) and topped it with a smaller whisper white circle which I then stamped.

I love the way the stamping turned out, I used a sentiment from Papertrey Ink (Fillable Frames #8). However, I laid the stamp on my block curving it to the shape I wanted then stamped it around the outer edges of the white circle. I then stamped inside that using the "Hello Kitty" circle of flowers then added the Hello Kitty image of choice. ( The set is from PSA Essentials and is part of their Peel & Stick Stamps it comes with the one flower circle and 8 different poses of "HK".)

I added two strips of polka dot paper (which came in the Petal Party set (I told you great stuff in the package). Stamped the sentiment one more time on the polka dot strip at the bottom of the card. Added 2 flowers (from the set) along with 2 little leaves (yup, also from the set).

Now on to the inside...




I love this, again, inside the set was this great little sticker for journaling which I thought was perfect to add whatever sentiment you want (I'm holding off on adding until I know exactly how I'll use this card).

That's it, sorry it's such a long post, but there was a lot of explainin' to do!

Thanks for taking a peek and hopefully leaving a comment.

4 comments:

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Dear Nancy. This cad is so so sweet. Love the color combo and yes, Kitty is the sweetest thing ever. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us.

Inky hugs, Pauline

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy this Kitty card is too stinkin' cute. I was so happy to get to see it up close and personal. The colors are FAB and I love how your sentiment was made into a circle around Kitty. Of course the inside is adorable and the journal piece is perfect for a lovely note. Hugs.

H2 :) said...

Sweet, sweet card Nancy. The colours look fab with your hello kitty stamps. :)

Renée said...

I LOVE Hello Kitty! I have a HK clock in my craft room! Fab card, thanks for playing with us at Inkspirations :)