Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sourdough Beer Bread for Father's Day


I was shopping in a quaint little store here in Michigan looking for some "old time" candy, which I found.
I also found these adorable beer bottles filled with Sourdough bread batter, all you have to do is add a can of beer (any kind, regular, lite whatever) and bake. How fun is that, so I had to "gussy" them up a bit with little "Father's Day" tags and sent one to my favorite son-in-law. The tag design is from Maile Belle's blog one of her creative ideas.



Here's a close-up of the label, I thought they were so cute.
H'mm probably have to have a nice cold glass of beer with a slice of bread, slathered in butter. Too bad I don't like beer!


Thought you might enjoy seeing something other than a card. Thanks for looking and leaving a comment, love to hear from you

2 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy this was the cutest idea ever! So glad that the "old fashioned store" is nearby. I might have to get some of these for my brothers! Such a great little gift.

and.... CONGRATS on your WIN at Connie & Mary's for your sketch card. It was a winner in my book and so glad I got to see it up close and personal. Hugs.

Carla said...

Oh I love your labels! They are wonderful. I love these types of gifts... apparently I'm gonna have to come to Michigan shopping.