Friday, December 2, 2016

IT'S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR!

Just thought I'd share a picture of the little treat bags I made as a "take-home" for some crafter gals coming over tonight.

The bags you'll recognize from Stampin' Up...I heat embossed the sentiments using the wonderful new copper embossing powder, it's so elegant looking, punched a double slot hole in the folded down top of the bag and tied it with some glitzy green yarn after placing  a few of a peanut, white chocolate and pretzel mixture that my daughter, Nance Leedy, and I seem to make each Christmas.

Here they sit waiting to be taken home...



That's it for stampin' today, but thought I'd also show you a picture of my mantle decorated for the holidays.  I made the ornament swag last year and I still love it also added a few other items.




Of course the kitchen couldn't be left out of decorations.  This adorable idea was spotted on Pinterest by my daughter, isn't it adorable?





That's it for today, thanks for looking.
Nancy


2 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy these little bags are ADORABLE with the embossing! So cute! I love those little bags, and now I love them even more! The green ties are just perfect for a festive finishing touch. I have already made tons of that same peanut/pretzel/choc stuff. Even took a huge tray to Holly Days. So good and so EASY. My kind of treat.

Of course you mantel looks FAB! But tell me if the green/blue disc hanging above is for Christmas or all year round? I noticed the blue/green dish above the kitchen cabinet as well... so thought it is your regular accent color??? Just sayin'.

I almost bought some bulbs to make this swag this last weekend, but can't decide a color. I LOVE your choice and thought it would nice with my walls... but I feel like a copy cat, so I have to figure out another.. maybe white/silver/gold ??? Hmm.
MISS YOU!
Hugs.

Nance Leedy said...

Such a sweet treat bag and I know the ladies loved them! Your mantel is drop-dead gorgeous and even prettier in real life. The colors are stunning together and fit your house so well. I love the way the kitchen wreaths turned out too--just darling!