Wednesday, May 9, 2018

New color combo for me!

I'm making an effort to use up some of my paper that I seldom use.  This time it is Stampin' Up's Pacific Point  card stock.

Since we always seem to need many birthday cards I decided to make a few using this color and some of my floral dies.

Here is the result...


If you know SU colors this blue doesn't look like Pacific Point, it must be the outdoor light that makes it appear different.  Anyhow my flowers are a two-step stamp, the first stamp I did in Pool Party and then stamped over it using the 2nd stamp in Pacific Point.

I added a few sprigs of leaves using first Lucky Limeade followed up with the 2nd stamp using Gumball Green.  I think the leaves and flowers have a lot of  line detail that really adds to the stamps.

Speaking of stamps the floral stamp I used is an older one from Papertrey In (PTI) called "The Sweet Life" .  The sentiment is also from PTI, it is called "Birthday Cheer".  I used two stitched die frames the blue just a little larger than the white one and adhered them together, I then splattered a little of the pool party color on both cards for a little added interest.

Here's a close-up of the flowers you can see the pool party color peeking through, in real-life the flowers are quite lovely and in the close-up the Pacific Point color looks more like it's true color.


 
Thanks for visiting, hope to see you soon,
Hugs,
Nancy

1 comment:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy,
Wow... another post in just a short time! Guess I better step it up! Right?
Anyway.... your card is lovely. Love the double stamping of the Blues and Greens. It looks fabulous, but I know what you mean about seeing it I person. Plus I love the bright greens with blues, purples, and certain corals too.
I absolutely LOVE all the stitched dies... and your two look nice together. the Blue makes the White one POP The touch of "splash" gives it nice interest as well.
Really nice job Nancy.
Hugs.