Thursday, June 23, 2011

PAPER PLAYERS CHALLENGE # 52




Unfortunately we all need sympathy cards from time to time and I needed one for a friend of mine whose 90 year old father recently passed away.

Here is my take on a CAS card for a challenge at Paper Players challenge #52.


I started with white cs; matted a piece each of daffodil delight and basic gray and embossed the gray cs with a Cuttlebug EF. I then stamped my image onto a smaller piece of ww cs using basic gray ink, added the tiny bird images in dd ink. I really liked the color combination and the itty-bitty yellow birds perched in the trees. I think they just set off the whole scene.
I also rounded the two upper corners of the cs (something I picked up from my daughter's cards) to soften the look.

I thought it still needed a little something so I added the white/dd ribbon and tied a knot. Stamped the sentiment on a die cut and dd stamped label and adhered to the card.

I'm happy with the card and how it turned out, which is not usually the case. I think my friend will like it too.
Hope you do also, thanks for looking.


Supplies:

Card stock, whisper white, daffodil delight,basic gray
Inks: Basic gray and daffodil delight
Stamps: PTI Through the Trees and SU Teeny Tiny Wishes

Ribbon: SU Daffodil Delight

Corner rounder punch, PTI Angled labels die & stamp
Cuttlebug Embossing folder

9 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy Love your color combo here and what a great card it turned out to be. The embossed BG softens the feel as well as your rounded corners. I especially love the little yellow birdies... very nice. Hugs.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Nancy! The colors are very soothing...perfect for a sympathy card

LeAnne said...

I love this---this is one of my favorite PTI sets. Your embellishments really add just the right touch to this CAS card. Thanks for playing the sketch challenge at the Paper Players this week!

Lauri said...

Such a lovely card! I really like the color combination you chose. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Lovely card, Nance. The image, colours and embossing are all perfect for a sympathy card. I'm sure your friend was grateful you were thinking of her at such a difficult time. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week.

Nance Leedy said...

Wow, a beautiful card! The yellow and gray is gorgeous together and I've been oogling that PTI set! The little yellow birds peeking through the trees are adorable. Perfect sympathy card. Fantastic job!! So glad you could join us at The Paper Players! :-)

Cindy Beach said...

Rounded corners make such a difference on a CAS card, I love how you've used them here. It is so, so pretty!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nancy, all I can say is WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the soft color combo, the embossing and those rounded corners. Just lovely! Thanks so much for joining us again this week at the Paper Players! :)

Lesley said...

I love your colours here Nancy! I know it will bring your friend some comfort. I love the CAS look and the rounded corners work perfectly!
Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.
Lesley