Saturday, June 9, 2012

Birthday card

It's a very CAS card, one layer inspiration from Simply Stamped.  I stamped the butterflies on the far right hand side of the card front, then fussy cut them leaving a beautiful edge.  Stamped the sentiment and it was done, how quick  is that and I love the results.





Here's a peek at the inside, I really like using an image from the front of the card to carry the theme to the inside (from my daughter Nance Leedy @ Canopy Crafts)



Fussy cutting the edge of this card has inspired me to try other stamp images in a similar fashion, how about you?

I'd love to hear from you regarding your thoughts on my card.
Thanks for looking,
Nancy

11 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

I ADORE this card, Mom! When I first saw it, I thought you used a new edge die to cut around the butterflies. The technique of hand-cutting the edge is GENIUS! Love the colors, love the inside, love it all. And, YES, you inspired me to try this technique with other stamps--you'll see soon! ;-)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy I just loved seeing this card up close and personal. So darn pretty... the fussy cut edge is spectacular, especially in the butterflies. Just gorgeous.

I agree with Nance, we'll have to experiment with other shapes. hugs.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a real stunner Nancy! I must have a go at this ...

Jodi said...

What a gorgeous card! I just love the idea of cutting around the butterflies. I'm going to look thru my stamps & see what I could use for this technique. Think I may have one butterfly I could use.

Anonymous said...

You are both talented ladies. I love your color combinations and the cute card edge. Thank you for sharing.

Barb S said...

This is a beeautiful card and fun technique! You and your daughter are such an inspiration! Glad to have met such a talented family.

Christina said...

I'm so far behind in comments, but just had to come over and say how beautiful this card is! You've done some fabulous fussy-cutting, and the inside is just as pretty as the front!

Bonnie said...

What a fantastic design! I'm putting it in my CASE file. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Texas JennyWren said...

What a great idea to fussy cut to make your own edgelit!! LOVE IT. I can only hope to cut it as perfectly as you did!! TFS this GREAT idea!!

MARIE said...

THIS SO FUN, I HAVE ALL MY WORK DONE NOW I WILL BE WAITING FOR MY NIECES TO PULL IN THE DRIVE TOMORROW
PLEASE SHOW US HOW YOU STAMPED AND CUT THE CARD WITH THE BUTTERFLIES. I LOVE IT
I LOOKED AT EVERYTHING AND YOU ARE SO GOOD

Anonymous said...

Very nice card you did there! Sweet that daughter loved it, too :-)