Monday, June 11, 2012

Father's Day cards

With Father's Day fast approaching I had a few cards to make that had to be mailed like now!
In my haste to get them finished I forgot to photograph one of them and it's already on it's way, but here's one of them.

My brother is a huge Harley-Davidson biker fan so this card is right up his alley (or road). It was made from some HD scrapbook paper I had been hoarding for a few years.  I cut up the paper so that the belt would be the focal image of the card (the belt was too long so I had to adjust it).  Then heat embossed a sentiment on the seam binding and added a few silver brads. I also made the card size taller to accommodate the belt.

Here's a peek at the inside sentiment.  I first stamped off once and then stamped the motorcycle directly onto the card base.  Typed the wording on the computer onto vellum paper and adhered over the motorcycle image.  I think it
 turned out good.
Did you notice I lined the envelope with more of the denim paper to finish off the look.

3 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy this is too stinkin' cute and just perfect for your brother. It was even better when I got to 'touch' it. Looks like you can unbuckle the belt! Great idea. ...
Now I'm waiting for you to post that pillow! Hugs

Jess S said...

You were one of my stops on the Out and About in the Moxie Fab World Tour. I had a peek around your blog, and really enjoyed seeing some beautiful Clean and Simple Cards. Thanks so much for sharing :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Like Jess (funny! I'm Jessi!) I found my way here via the Moxie Fab out & about game - and I'm so glad I did! I'm your latest follower :)
This belt is so stinkin' clever, I just LOVE it!