Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Glitzy gold (& late) birthday card!

I'm so excited to share this card to you showing how CAS it is but still turned out (I think) elegant looking.

I covered the front of my card with Stamping Up's gorgeous gold/white stripe paper from the designer series "Winter Wonderland Specialty", it doesn't have to be used for winter!The birthday sentiment stamp from Papertrey Ink was embossed in gold onto a large die cut circle with fancy edging.  I added a swirly/star die cut (can't remember the name of it) from gold paper as well as some stars to balance out the bottom of the card.  It's really a simple card, but the circle sentiment says it all. I don't think the photo does it justice, it really is quite pretty.





Here's a peek at the inside, continuing the theme of stars.


As you can see it is a belated birthday card, but I'm sure she'll still love all the gold and glitz!

Thanks for looking and leaving a comment if you have time.
Hugs,
Nancy

2 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy this card is fabulous and now you're freaking me out because I just used the same stamp with the same stamp stars on another card

I'm going to go downstairs and take a picture and show you just so you know I'm telling the truth .
I absolutely love the way you use the striping gold paper

I have that same paper and said what the heck am I going to do with all this.
I love how you used it as background paper... super smart the die-cut swirly behind your circle flower shape is fabulous and all the gold embossed sentiments look fantastic great job sister

Nance Leedy said...

Love it and so much prettier in person! Love the striped paper as background and the way you covered the whole card. The swirly sentiment is adorable and I love how you finished the inside....Nancy's going to love it!