Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Flamingo Thank you


Here's a cute little card I needed as a Thank you.  A fairly quick and easy card.

I die cut the flamingo from a piece of card stock where I wanted it to be then  die cut it again from a separate piece of white card stock.  I then placed the image back into the die space, using my trusty Misti I was able to line it up perfectly and stamp it (look how perfectly the eye and beak came out). 

The legs were a separate die and stamp and I just realized I had used a pink card stock when I stamp it.   The effect I wanted was the stamped bird, but still the cut shape visible on the front of the card.
I added the simple plants along with pools of water for the standing bird.  The sentiment is a very old retired one that I was able to curve as if the bird was saying it.  A little bit of pink embroidery floss to the bottom of the card before I adhered it to an A-5 card.

That's it for now.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Hugs
Nancy

1 comment:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy this is SO Adorable!
I just love your card front with the pink flamingo die cut "insert"... The pink on pink works just fine by the way... and YES ....Ms. Misti... your 'eye & beak' are PERFECTION!
But...... I absolutely LOVE your water / plants!!!! SSSSSoooooo realistic. You are quiet the artist!
Of course your touch of pink embroidery floss is the finishing touch.
Hugs