Monday, May 18, 2015

MINIATURE SWEET SHOPPE

I couldn't resist trying my hand at this cute miniature "Sweet Shoppe"  from Betsy Feldman of PTI.  It's the top to a  small wide-mouth Mason jar which was filled with faux Easter grass.

I cut a large circle from heavy CS to use as my base then die cut the adorable sweet shoppe, bicycle, trees and shoppe sign, oh my they are so tiny to work with especially when my fingers don't want to cooperate and work the way they should.

I die cut all the awnings, store sign, bike and trees onto white CS and then stamped in the various colors.  Gosh I just can't decide which I like best, but I think that itsy bike is pretty darn cute.

After assembling all the small pieces and adhering them, I put some glue onto the circle base and sprinkled some Mica Flitter to resemble grass then dusted with some glitter.  Finalized it all with a thin line of glue to attach the top clear globe.  I finished off the mouth of the jar with a "X O" border and added a cute little tag.

I made this for my granddaughter and she really liked it, of course what little girl doesn't like all those cute itsy pieces!


Here's another picture, it was very difficult to get a shot without the glare from either the lights or the sun outside.  I thought I had taken a photo prior to putting the top globe on, but can't find it, I think it went to never-never land!


Hope you have a great day and thanks for spending some time with me on my blog.
Nancy

Suppies:
All dies, clear ornament balls, and stamps from PTI Petite Places Sweet Shoppe
All inks from Stampin' Up
Mason Jar from Target

1 comment:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy

OMG this is ADORABLE!!! This is going to be a HUGE hit with your little Arden... The details in the items under the dome are incredible. Love the tag and the XOXOX trim is the finishing touch.
PS: I looked and looked and looked at this set, but did not purchase. I just love it but you know I have an addiction illness I'm trying to control!
Hugs.