Thursday, May 14, 2015

On a roll!


Okay, my friend Diane Oliver of Rubber 'n Rafters said I haven't been posting lately, so here's another card. However, when I looked at her blog she hasn't posted since April 29 (ha, caught ya)!

It is the Mother's Day card I made for my daughter.  The inspiration came from a card I saw on Pinterest where they had used a cover plate for a chevron pattern.
Well I thought I too had that cover plate, but when I went to find it of course I didn't have it, so I improvised and made the following using a chevron die.


It looks a little top-heavy, but it's the angle the card was on.  I had forgotten to take a picture of it and as I was leaving my daughters I spotted it on the table and decided to take a quick pix.
The chevron strips are in Night of Navy and the flowers are a two-step stamping using Rose Red and Real Red.

Hope your Mother's Day was happy, I know mine was.

Feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from everyone.
Cheers,
Nancy


Supplies:
Stampin' Up CS-Night of Navy and Whisper White
Stamp-Stampin' Up- Stippled Blossoms
Chevron die from PTI

2 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nancy... I LOVE this card. Your deep blue chevron strips look fantastic, and they really make the flower duo POP! Your colors here are so bold and bright... Love it!
but you are a little stinker! You are too funny... and now I'll have to see what I can do during my lunch hour! HUGS!!!

Nance Leedy said...

You already know how much I love this card! The colors are fabulous--the bold navy and white background really makes the flowers stand out. Great color choices and your fussy cutting is amazing! I had a great Mother's Day too--so glad I could spend it with you!